Disc golf is a modified version of the traditional golf game. Instead of a club and ball, players use a disc (frisbee), which they toss into a cage. Just like traditional golf, players can use a variety of discs based on their distance from the hole. Most disc golf courses are free and serve as a budget friendly alternative to traditional golf and can even be played in the winter. The Twin Ports has some great courses, some with great views of Lake Superior!
Carlton Disc Golf Sanctuary
- 9 holes
- Course length: 2,4441 ft
- Location: 530 Stine Dr. Carlton, MN.
- This course is part of a 40-acre wooded trail system that empties into open fields near South Terrace Elementary, where the final 5 holes are played out.
- 6 holes
- Course length: 1,319 ft
- This course is located in Superior, Wisconsin’s Central Park at 717 6th Avenue East.
College of St. Scholastica
- 6 holes
- Course length: 1,600 ft
- Wide open course at the College of St. Scholastica with three short routes through the woods.
- 18 holes
- Course length: 5, 000 ft
- Lots of elevation. The course winds through the woods and along Miller Creek near Lake Superior College.
Mont du Lac
- Eagles Peak (Mountain Course)
- 18 holes
- Course length: 4, 935 ft / Alternate length: 6, 495
- A well-balanced and maintained mountain course that plays up and back down the mountain. There is a wide array of open and wooded holes. Concrete tee boxes and Even & Odd pins on most holes. The course has many elevated fast greens. Roll aways are not uncommon. 3 huge downhill bomber shots that play down from the mountain’s summit. The road plays out of bounds on 4 holes. The pond plays out of bounds on the last 3 holes. Wind can be be a huge factor at times.Eagles Peak will challenge you both mentally and physically. Many areas along the course offer awesome views of the scenic St. Louis River and Jay Cooke State Park. (description from Mont du Lac).
- White Cedar (Forest Course)
- 22 holes
- Course length: 5, 140 ft / Alternate length: 6, 865 ft
- Find relief from the summer heat in the shade of the White Cedar Course. This is a well-balanced woods course that plays almost entirely through an old growth white cedar forest. Natural tee boxes with Even & Odd pins on most holes. Natural springs feed winding creeks that play O.B throughout the course. This course features many tight tunnel shots, sharp corners, huge ravines, elevated shots and fast greens. The course can be wet in spots due to the creeks and ravine drainage. Good footwear is highly recommended.
- Full Loop (Both courses in one)
- 38 holes
- Course length: 10, 075 ft / Alternate length: 13, 360 ft
- Got some time to kill and want to enjoy all of what both courses have to offer? After hole #9 onEagles Peak you can cut across to hole #1 on White Cedar. Play every hole on White Cedar and hook back up where you left off on Eagles Peak. This will enable you to play every hole on both courses. To play this layout, Endurance is a must!
- 7 holes
- This course circles one block in Duluth’s Morgan Park neighborhood near the community center at 1242 88th Ave. W.
University of Minnesota Duluth
- 9 holes
- Open course at the University of Minnesota Duluth. Great for students between classes.